If you are a Moravian woman aged 21 to 35-(ish), consider joining the Nextgen Sisters cohort at the Moravian Women’s Conference, to be held June 20-23, 2019 in Winston-Salem, NC. Discover and develop your spiritual gifts, create bonds of community, and explore your call to leadership and mission. This is a unique opportunity to grow in faith, love, and hope as you follow the Lamb in today’s world.
Through group discussions, self-reflection exercises, social activities, and mentoring, each participant will:
- Meet and build relationships with Moravian women from across North America;
- Reflect on questions of faith and purpose while giving and receiving support in a safe space;
- Explore ways you can use your power effectively, turn your faith into action, and make a positive difference in the world; and
- Spend time with a few of the Moravian Church’s wise women who will share their stories of faith and challenge, and insights for the journey ahead.
Women from both the Southern and Northern provinces are eligible. Space is limited. To submit your name for consideration, please complete this Google Form no later than April 1, 2019:
Upon acceptance to the cohort, you will be:
- Asked to participate as fully as possible in the meetings and activities of this group during the conference (social events are optional) and commit to at least one pre-event meeting (via video conference) and possibly some post-event follow-up. We’ll send you a schedule of this group’s activities once it becomes available.
- Eligible for the Early Bird discount registration price ($350) during the entire advance registration period AND receive a $275 Nextgen scholarship. You’ll be responsible for the remaining registration cost of $75 (of course, you may choose to take advantage of your church or province’s scholarship options to cover this cost). Note this scholarship does not cover lodging or travel costs.
Nextgen Sisters is a project of the Moravian Women’s Conference in collaboration with the Board of Cooperative Ministries of the Moravian Church, Southern Province.